Sunday, February 15, 2015

Art Challenge day 2 and day 3

ART CHALLENGE
DAY 2 AND DAY 3

The Chuppah



This Chuppah was made for our Shivtei Israel synagogue to accompany the new Sefer Torah that was written by our members, It belong to the Shul now, but I keep it at home with me. Both our children were married under it, as well as some dear friends, it is available for hire at the cost of a donation to the shul.

The Missouri Star Quilt Company and Jenny Doan have a wonderful youTube they put out every week using  pre-cut fabrics and great idea on how to use them. This is one of those quilts using 10inch squares, and making these magical sew, cut, sew designs. this charming quilt used one "layer cake, plus a few extras background yardage and one jelly roll for the outer border. I completed the border  by making it a wavy edge and piecing the corners to make it go around. looking forward to springtime to put it on my bed. This quilt lives with me in Israel.
This beauty was gifted to my Daughter Jaqui and Marc.
It is the first of a series of Stack n Wack quilts I made.
it resides in Israel. 


DAY 3

Meet the Movibears 

 I have been making bears since before quilting came into my life so I thought to share some of them with you. Many of them have found new homes, but I do still have a few living with me, and some I know where they are living. My bears are only named after they are completed as I never know how they will turn out till they are done.
Meet Professor Dubi (dubi is a hebrew word for bear) and his little friend., little friend has a new home.
This cute Chap I named Blueberry, his fur is white but tipped with blue. and he is gorgeous. I gave him to the Netball Association of Israel for their fundraising a few years ago.
Meet Douglas, He is my big baby Kodiac Bear and lives with me in my room. He is the largest bear in my collection and the sweetest. He wears a collar with a bell in case he gets lost when out fishing,


No comments: